To create a series of high quality, physically challenging, national and regional events to raise needed funding for worthy childhood cancer charities whose programs improve the survival rate and quality of life of children impacted by cancer.
- Our work is almost exclusively volunteer-based
- Our objective is to have 100% of individual receiptable donations distributed to the charities we support
- Event costs and Foundation expenses are supported by our corporate sponsors, registration fees and volunteer staff
- Our work strives to bridge and encourage collaboration amongst childhood cancer researchers, doctors, agencies, charities and service providers
Our work focuses on the areas of greatest need, where we can make a real impact and drive measurable progress in the fight against childhood cancer
What/How We Fund
Our objective is to direct 100% of the funds we raise to programs and charities that improve the survival rates and quality of life of children and their families living with and beyond cancer:
Transition and Survivorship: Specifically programs that provide ongoing treatment and support for childhood cancer survivors, particularly those suffering from late effects of the disease and its treatment.
Research: Specifically investigative research that explores treatments for the toughest and most lethal childhood cancers as well as treatments that prevent toxicities or adverse affects in later life
Education: Specifically programs that fund scholarships for research and work in the area of pediatric oncology as well as select programs that facilitate greater collaboration and information sharing among pediatric oncology researchers and practitioners.
Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation is proud to state that we distribute 100% of your (receiptable) donations to the programs and charities we support. We do not:
- Use professional fundraisers or telemarketers
- Solicit by phone or door to door
- Use your donations for administration or overhead
- Sell or trade your name or address
Governance AND Principles
The Board of Directors will be accountable for the management of incoming donations and the administration of grants to deserving cancer organizations. The governance structure has two main elements:
- A grant application committee that evaluates all incoming grant applications
- An event review committee that evaluates all event budgets to ensure maximum leverage of in-kind donations, corporate sponsorship fees and volunteer efforts
Each of these Committees will chaired by a member of the Board of Directors.
The goal of the foundation is to ensure that the highest percentage of receipted donations is contributed to the selected charities. Based on past experience with Tour For Kids, and our other events, this percentage will be much higher than most similar events. Our strategy is to use corporate sponsorships and participant event registration fees to cover event and Foundation administration costs.